An engaging and powerful Human Factors game. Participants play a simple ‘process control’ game on their phones (suitable for large and small groups) and the results of each round are displayed on the facilitators screen (including who responded fastest). In each round different contextual factors are added to the tasks such as poor interface design; distractions; and high workload. At the end of the game the facilitator leads a discussion based on the experience of the delegates.
“Everyone enjoyed the interactive nature of the exercise and it enabled me to refer back to it throughout the rest of the day to emphasise different points.”
Lorraine Braben, Braben Consulting
- Ideal for webinar-based training as it engages the participants in the task and a shared experience which means you don’t have to worry about participants ‘zoning out’.
- The game is competitive as delegates try to have the fastest reaction time (the top 5 reaction times are shown) but also displays the increase in errors and reaction time over the rounds as contextual factors are introduced. Illustrating the impact of contextual factors in this way helps you expain why they are so important to manage.
- Play with any number of participants and works on any phone device (as far as we know!) which means you have less to organise and worry about!
- Impress your clients with a tailored and interactive approach to training. A great activity to have in your toolkit.
- The game can be licensed per day which means you don’t have to worry about paying yearly subscriptions. Just use it whenever you want. And, of course, try it for free to make sure it works for you!
“The game was a great intro to the session. The delegates frequently said it provided an ‘aha’ moment on the link between errors and PIFs.”
Stuart Black, SALT services
License the game for your training and events – contact email@example.com to try it out for free or to start using the game.
Per session/event = £50 per facilitator (For one-off events there is a minimum charge of £200)
Find out more about the game and the research in the flip-book below.
Contact us to discuss monthly or yearly rental: firstname.lastname@example.org