A simple, but effective game for human factors consultants (internal and external) and facilitators.
Participants play a simple ‘process control’ game on their phones (suitable for large and small groups) and the results of each round are displayed on the facilitators screen (including who responded fastest). In each round different contextual factors are added to the tasks such as poor interface design; distractions; and high workload. At the end of the game the facilitator leads a discussion based on the experience of the delegates. See a blog outlining research on how participants respond to each round here.
- Ideal for webinar-based training as it engages the participants in the task and a shared experience which means you don’t have to worry about participants ‘zoning out’.
- The game is competitive as delegates try to have the fastest reaction time (the top 5 reaction times are shown) but also displays the increase in errors and reaction time over the rounds as contextual factors are introduced. Illustrating the impact of contextual factors in this way helps you expain why they are so important to manage.
- Play with any number of participants and works on any phone device (as far as we know!) which means you have less to organise and worry about!
- Impress your clients with a tailored and interactive approach to training. A great activity to have in your toolkit.
- The game can be rented per day which means you don’t have to worry about paying yearly subscriptions. Just use it whenever you want. And, of course, try it for free to make sure it works for you!
License the game for your training and events:
Per session/event = £50 per facilitator (For one-off events there is a minimum charge of £200)
Contact us to discuss monthly or yearly rental: [email protected]